The Construction Regulations 2014 were officially promulgated yesterday along with the certification that SACPCMP is the appointed registration body for Construction Health and Safety Practitioners.
The MBA North will be running a series of workshops for contractors highlighting what these regulations mean to the contractor. The Department of Labour (DoL) have offered their assistance so where practical the workshops will be run in collaboration with representatives from the DoL.
Where the previous regulations failed in adequately identifying responsibilities from client through to contractor the Construction Regulations 2014 endeavours to redress the situation which saw a continued frustrations with generic health and safety specifications often issued after project start dates. The workshops will cover changes to the regulations (2003 vs. 2014) with particular focus on;
• Application for Construction permits – Clients responsibility
• Clients duties and responsibilities
• Designers duties and responsibilities
• Principal contractor and contractors duties and responsibilities
• Managers duties and responsibilities
• Registration of CHS practitioners
• Operational Regulations 2003 vs. 2014
The workshops will be run in all four provinces of the MBA North. For your benefit the link below is to the Construction Regulations for downloading.